Thursday, April 10, 2014

First Baby Bump Pics

I have no intention of writing a weekly update on my pregnancy. At least not at this point. However, since I have officially taken my first "bump" pics, I figured that was a good enough milestone. Plus, I haven't really talked much about my actual pregnancy. Only about the sickness or about the blessing of finally being pregnancy. So, here goes nothing.


Length of pregnancy: 17w1d.

Weight: I'm still down 4 lbs from my starting weight of 174 (gulp on sharing that - but I'll want to remember this someday).

Cravings: Nothing specific. I went so many months hating food, that now I'm just busy making up for lost time. Although Chili's Southwest Eggrolls kind of rock my world. And McAlister's Iced Tea. And steak. I am sort of into steak. And also any kind of potato. Ok, maybe I do have some cravings.

Dreams: Dude. I've heard that pregnancy dreams can be a little different. I've always had pretty vivid dreams, but that did not prepare me for straight up crazy that I've occasionally experienced. Someone recommended that I keep a dream journal, which I really need to start. Because some of them are so out there, I wouldn't even want to share them with the public. Last night's dream involved me, my dad, his dog and us being stranded on a super creepy island that was haunted by a terrifying green ghost that occasionally turned into Professor Umbridge from Harry Potter. It was very detailed, and we had a huge struggle to try and get off the island and save Max (his dog whom the ghost apparently had a weird crush on) and ourselves. So weird. And really stressful, for a dream.

 
State of Mind: One of my co-workers asked me the other day if I liked being pregnant. She has 3 kiddo's herself, and did not enjoy being pregnant and knows that I've had a rough go of it. My initial response was "uh, no. No way." Then, I really started to think about how I'm feeling right now. In this moment. And I have to be honest, I LOVE being pregnant. Yes, the first trimester was awful. And I still have days where I'm incredibly hormonal, or queasy, or exhausted. But, for the most part, I feel like myself right now, except for this big ol' belly. A belly that I never imagined I would feel much affection for, but that I happen to be totally in love with. I know I'm showing much earlier than a lot of people, just because of my body type. But even at 17 weeks, my center of gravity already feels off. My back hurts. I feel a little waddley when I walk. I just feel pregnant. Even without feeling any movement - at least movement that I recognize as movement, I'm starting to finally feel a connection to this tiny little creation inside of me. My friend sent me one of those at-home dopplar thingy's in my pregnancy kit, and we broke it out last night. And I got to lay in my bed, with my husband and puppies next to me, and listen to my child's heartbeat. I mean, does it really get any better than that?
 
What I'm looking forward to most: Finding out BOY or GIRL, of course. Which, it just so happens, will be next week. Holla!!! I think I'm leaning towards BOY at this point. I'll be thrilled either way, of course.
 


5 comments:

  1. I love the pictures! I'm so glad you did this. I promise you will enjoy looking back on this posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two more days!!!!!!! I am only slightly excited ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So did you find out what you're having?! You have such a cute bump!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have nominated you for the Sunshine Award. You can check it out here: http://aprichards.blogspot.com/2014/06/sunshine-award-goes-to.html

    ReplyDelete