Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Where I am Spiritually Today

In case you haven't noticed, I haven't written much about God or church in....quite some time. And if I'm honest, it's because God hasn't been in my heart or on my mind in the last year or so. And there's no particular reason why. I didn't have a "falling out" with Him. Nothing happened at the amazing church I had started to settle into. I just....got out of the habit of thinking about Him. That sounds ridiculous, I know. But it's true. Going to church, or living in His Faith is a lot like going to the gym. When you're going, it feels good. You feel good. Life just seems better. Brighter. Happier. Church is like that, but times a million. And, much like going to the gym, once I miss a few times, the habit is gone. And then it just seems impossible to ever get back in, regardless of my good intentions. Every Sunday morning has been like that for almost a year. And I'm not only saddened by this fact, but I'm slightly ashamed. Today, out of all the times in my life, is a day that I need to be praising Jesus and thanking Him for our incredible blessing.

On that note, I've been listening to Pastor Craig's Podcasts today. He's doing a series called "Being Rich", and it is so good! Just what I needed to hear. If you're interested or searching or feeling a little lost, I would really encourage you to go listen to the series. Money is truly a necessary evil, and I know I depend on it way way way too much. I think about it. I worry about it. Even now, when I'm feeling blessed beyond all belief with this baby, I feel the stress and fear of our future finances clouding over everything. And I'm sick of it!! And the only way I can get any relief is by handing it off to God and trusting in Him to see us through.

224x160

I hope this Sunday is the day that I finally get my lazy behind out of bed and get back to see Pastor Marty.



2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I’m Judy! I have a question and would love to speak with you more. Please email me when you get a chance, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've already said this, but sign up to serve somewhere. Seriously, it is sometimes the only reason my butt gets up and out the door on Sunday. And then when I get there I am doubly blessed because not only do I get encouraged by the sermon that I might have otherwise skipped, but I feel the reward of serving in obedience. It really feels like I'm the one being served than vice versa. I know you don't have to check boxes to be a Christ follower, but God instructs us to participate in corporate worship for a reason (several, actually). First, obviously, to honor and worship him. But second, it really is crucial for growing your personal relationship with him (and building community with other believers). I'm no expert by ANY means, but I've never needed him more than on this journey of motherhood. So that is my friendly little nudge to get you back through those church doors ;) love you!

    ReplyDelete