Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Sugar Mama, I am NOT!

Howdy! Guess who has two thumbs, continued slight morning sickness, and failed her first glucose test? Oh yeah. This girl right here. Which means I get to go in this week for a 3 hour test. Boo. Hiss. Boo.

And, if I'm being perfectly honest, I don't think I'll be passing the 3 hour one. I mean, I'm already on Metformin and I failed the 1 hour. So how bad must it be? I'm so glad I had to take one so early and will find out now so I can make the necessary changes ASAP and hopefully still have a normal and healthy baby and pregnancy (please, no 12 lb baby, please, no 12 lb baby).

In other news, I finally had cake today. I recognize the counter-productiveness of that act with the topic of this post, but I have been craving me some cake lately, and one of my dear friends pulled through today. Hallelujah!! So what if it pushes me over the edge on my glucose test on Friday? If I'm that close, I'd rather just know so they can continue to closely monitor me and help me to make the changes necessary to be awesome. I mean healthy. Not awesome. Healthy. Who am I kidding? I do mean awesome.

Oh and finally, today is the last day in my first trimester. WOOOOHOOOO!! I'm feeling good. Today is day 3 of being Zofran free. The sun is shining. The tank is clean. THE TANK IS CLEAN? (Name that movie? Hint: Finding Nemo).


3 comments:

  1. Woo hoo on the first trimester! What an amazing wonderful thing life is that here you are finished with your first trimester. I too didn't pass my first glucose test but I did pass my 3 hour one. I was lucky in the way that I lived minutes away from the doctor's office so they let me come back every hour for the test. I'm guessing the medicine you had can do something to your sugar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) yay yay YAY for your 2nd trimester!!! Woo hoo!!! What a great milestone and I'm so happy to hear you're entering zofran-free waters!

    2) Sorry you failed your test. Katie had GD and it took a lot of work to adjust her diet, but in the long run a healthy diet is what's best for mom and baby anyway. (I hate me for saying that too...I mean, what pregnant person wants to hear they have to be on a diet??!)

    3) I seriously laughed out loud when I started reading the sentence about cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I haven't been logged in in MONTHS. I LOVE seeing your pregnant posts. I'm so excited for you! Sorry you failed the glucose - yucky - but you'll get through it! I can't wait for this adventure for you -- it's SO awesome, exhausting, and rewarding.

    ReplyDelete