Wednesday, February 26, 2014

10 weeks, what what?!?

Guess what? I feel like a human being again!! Woot woot! I've still got some queasiness and fatigue, but nothing I can't handle. I've even made plans with my parents to go to this cool Civil War Re-enactment on Saturday. Which is big news for me, let me tell you. I haven't been able to focus on more than an hour in advance for weeks. Oh and I'll try and take tons of pics to entertain you with, for those of you that are as cool nerdy as I am.

A few things I've started to notice about being pregnant:

1. People no longer ask how I am. They always ask how I'm feeling. Which my friend warned me about, but I personally thinks it's sweet. And kind of funny.

2. People are nicer to me. And maybe it's because I've really been in a good mood (surprisingly good, actually), but I've really noticed that people go out of there way to talk to me and ask me how I'm feeling haha. I'm really grateful though. I feel like I'm surrounded by a huge support system. Which is especially good since I've told everyone so early.

3. The whole 3 year plan we've had of not finding out the sex of our child went right out the window at about day 2 of knowing I was pregnant. I NEED to know. I think partly it's because I still don't feel a real connection to our baby and I think knowing the gender will help connect us. Plus, I just really want to decorate the nursery and stuff with gender-specific stuff. First world problems, I know. But after dreaming and planning and imagining for so long, I don't want to just settle.

So far, my biggest complaint is the constipation. The morning sickness was really awful, but I got that fairly handled a couple of weeks ago with the Zofran. But its side effect has been a beast! But I'm truly so grateful and excited that even that doesn't seem as dire as it probably would have once felt.

I also want to throw huge accolades to Tony. Sorry ladies, but I married the absolute best man in the whole wide world!! He has seriously SERIOUSLY stepped up to bat for me the last several weeks. I haven't lifted a finger, or my head, from the couch when I'm home and he's not only not complained, but he's compensated for it. He's kept the kitchen clean, he vacuums, he cooks dinner (if there's ever something I can bare the thought of), he lets me watch my shows. He has truly been incredible. Not that I doubted he would be. But I'm sure it's really hard on him to not only continue to carry his regular, very strenuous day job and then come home and take care of me, the pups, and our house. I guess one could say I'm just breaking him in for life as a parent, right?

Oh and belly shots. It's still early days, but I want to remind everyone (or just tell for those that don't actually know me) that I pretty much always looks like I'm about 6 months pregnant. I'm carrying around about 35 extra lbs right now and I'm lucky enough to carry most of it in my middle. It's funny, when people that don't know me find out and they ask how far I am and I'm like...."Not nearly as far as you think I am". Haha! I'm not offended though. People have asked me a few times over the years if I was pregnant. It never really felt great, but it's just how it is with me. At least I'm fairly thin every where else. Oh and I have a BRILLIANT personality. ;) Hehe.

4 comments:

  1. A prune or two a day, man, because that constipation thing only gets worse :) Or ask your Dr. about Miralax once you're in your second trimester. It helps A LOT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...you are so funny! When I found out the gender it really helped me to feel a connection with my little one. Plus, when you start getting miserably pregnant you will have decorating the nursery as your sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord for awesome husbands! I'm glad yours is taking such good care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me soooo happy for you!!! You deserve this, and enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete